Sunday, July 17, 2011

BASIC COMMENTS - PLEASE READ

Hello,
Just a few words about this blog and a few words about me:
At the time of opening this blog, I am working from Victoria, BC, Canada, often traveling to various international locations. Because i need to travel reasonably light (airlines' luggage restrictions), I don't use full frame equipment. Currently I use Nikkon D300s dSLR camera, having previous experience with many other cameras, like Nikon D90, Nikon D60, Yashica, Panasonic, Canon, some older Russian cameras like Zenith, and more.

I do not wish to discuss here advantages or disadvantages of my gear vs full frame, or Nikon vs Canon, etc.
I am a Nikon guy, but the thing is - I do not enjoy theoretical discussions which brand is better, nor i wish to know more about Canon in order to discuss such things. I am not one of these guys who enjoy testing anything they can get on hold of. I am more a practical person, and i care for results. If I can do what I wanted to to - I am happy with my gear.
So, none of my posting will be an official test or endorsement of any equipment.  I work with what I need and what I like, and from time to time - when I discover something interesting or have a comment - I simply want to share it. As simple as that.
For an extensive library of independently tested photo gear and reviews, I recommend Ken Rockwell's blog  www.kenrockwell.com

My posts are not organized by categories and can be random. Please check post TITLES to see what they are about. Thank you!

A Few lines about me:
At the time of opening this blog, I am working from Victoria, BC, Canada.
I am a member of:
CAPA (Canadian Art Photographers Association)
GMG  (Garden Media Guild, international association in UK)
PGP (Professional Garden Photographers,  international association in UK)
My photographs won various awards, such as IGPOTY (International Garden Photographer Of The Year by KEW Gardens, Royal Garden Society, UK), Four Seasons, Monochrome, and other international and national competitions.

My photos were exhibited in North America and Europe, and published by various magazines and publications, including:
Debbie Travis - Caribbean Charm, April 18 2010
Luxury Home Quarterly – Summer 2010 (main feature - 26 pages)
Building Savvy magazine vol.2 2010
ZING magazine (in-flight Liat airlines) vol.8 Summer 2010
Good Life Connoisseur magazine (Heat Wave feature) Summer 2010
Trellis – Toronto Botanical Garden mag. Winter 2011, vol.38, nr 1
ZING magazine (in-flight Liat airlines) vol.10 Jan-March 2011,
Real Life magazine, Spring 2011
Luxury Home Quarterly – Spring 2011
Pin-Up Architectural Entertainment Magazine, New York, Summer 2011
Real Life magazine, Summer 2011
and others...

I had the pleasure of working for a wide, high end clientele, including:

Lane Pettigrew Architects (LPA Inc, Florida, USA)
Cap Maison Resort (St Lucia)
Jalousie Plantation - Sugar Beach Estate Resort (St Lucia)
Mount Hartman Bay Estate (Grenada),
Sotheby's Realty International

Fort Young Hotel (Dominica)
La Giralda resort, Honduras

RealLife Magazine - Cayman Island
Zing in-flight magazine (UK, Caribbean)
Secret Bay lodge, Dominica

and many others...

I am a co-owner of Ozone Zone Books, independent publishing company offering coffee table books books, as well as custom publishing services. Our books are distributed through North America, the Caribbean, UK and Europe, as well as through major book stores on-line, and received several prestigious international awards and 5-star reviews from readers around the world.

I offer my stock images (through  Photographers Direct web site), as well as high quality photography services with an artistic edge, accepting travel assignments to Canadian and international locations.
More info on my photography services available on my personal Web site   www.artphotographyservices.com
while more info on packages (photography, photo panoramas, writing, designing, publishing, etc.) - offering one stop high end publishing and printing solutions, see www.ozonezonebooks.com/custom-orders
We offer all sort of very high quality printing materials, from books to brochures, wall calendars, folders, postcards, etc.
My Ozone Zone Books' partner art historian, researcher and award-winning author, Margaret Gajek, works with me on regular basics, lending her professional eye also to my photography jobs.
We work with a small team of highly specialized and skilled professionals, including photographer-panorama expert Lex Nowak, to offer you the highest possible quality work you require.

To learn more, see my portfolio, and inquire about any of above services please refer to listed above Web sites, contact me, or Ozone Zone Books office.

Thank you! I hope you will find my comments and tips on this blog helpful.

LINKS:
My personal site and portfolio http://www.artphotographyservices.com
Ozone Zone Books  http://ozonezonebooks.com
Ozone Zone Books blog http://ozonezonebooks.blogspot.com
Photography and publishing services offer  http://www.ozonezonebooks.com/custom-orders
My Model Mayhem page (portrait and fashion photography) http://www.modelmayhem.com/DerekGalon

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post...I am more of a collector/propagator than photographer...but I take some once in a while...Good luck in your projects.



    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7741396/5_gardening_blogs_you_should_read.html?cat=32

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is most appreciated. For convenience of my readers all SPAM will be promptly deleted to keep this blog clean. Thank you!